Cucua is a oo class library for PHP5 with a strict and binding API.
It's goal is to provide a rock-solid, extendable programming interface
which is loosely based on the public Java API implemented by the GNU Classpath Project.
Cucua is not a framework component repository like PEAR, although it's classes can help building such components in a professional way.
Cucua provides the following features:
- Built for PHP5.1 and up: New Object model, heavy use of the SPL interfaces and classes
- Productive proven public API builds up on a programming interface which is used since years by thousands of developers worldwide.
- The use of Interfaces, Abstract Classes and Design Patterns makes Cucua the API of your choice in a professional and team based development environment.
- No more making out with libraries that where written for PHP4.
- Public API not likely going to change, thus empowering the compatibility of your applications for future releases.
- Cucua takes care of wrapping php native functionality in OO where reasonable.
Status & Download
Please visit the Cucua Homepage to download the latest package or learn how to use Cucua.
What Cucua does not want to be
- Cucua is no replacement for Java
- Cucua does not re-invent PHP